Statistics:
33 Weeks 6 Days
Starting Weight: 135
Current Weight: 165
Issues: Feeling much better after a day with the stomach flu.
Well, this week has been interesting! As you can see under my issues, I am feeling much better today after a strange encounter with a nasty stomach bug. My mom was here visiting from CA since Friday and was supposed to go home yesterday, but I woke up around 12 AM yesterday morning, um, not feeling well to put it mildly. Like any mom would do, she stayed up all night with me and ended up staying all day yesterday to get some rest and also continue to take care of me. Cody also did a good job initially trying to take care of me, but I didn't want to keep him up all night as I knew he had to leave for work at 5:30 AM, and let's face it...when you're sick, the best person to take care of you is your mom. So I was very grateful for her presence and her 3 trips to the grocery store (including a 2 AM run to get some Sprite). This morning I woke up ready to eat and with no trace of a fever, aches, or nausea. So strange.
Of course my primary concern all day was the health of Payslie and I think she came through unscathed because she is still pretty active. Poor girl was probably wondering where all her food was yesterday. :)
Since my last post, I have had 2 non-stress tests and another ultrasound. She has done beautifully on her NST. The nurses tell me that they are textbook, which makes me feel good. She is still in a footling breech position, but the cord is not around her neck and she is looking healthy, which is all I can really ask for. My mom came with me to my ultrasound on Monday and was so excited to see her on that screen. The tech says that she's got lots of hair (I don't know how they can see that, but they can). She still isn't in a good position to get a good 4D shot of her face, but that's OK. I guess she'll just keep it a surprise.
I have a doctor appointment tomorrow morning, followed by another NST at the hospital. I swear I will know all of the labor and delivery nurses by the time I have Payslie, which is kind of neat. I have been very blessed with the care I'm receiving at the hospital. One nurse in particular I really connected with. She stayed with me during my NST last week and we had a wonderful conversation. Very uplifting. It's so great to be able to laugh and cry with those taking care of you. In fact, my NST is only supposed to be 20 minutes, but I was in there for 45 minutes simply because we kept talking. :)
I am going to go over my delivery options with my doctor tomorrow, as I have seen her nurse practitioner the last two appointments. I am hoping to get a date for my c-section very soon. It is all based upon whether or not I want to have an amniocentisis performed to check for lung maturity at 38 weeks (2 weeks before my due date) or wait until 39 weeks for delivery. Cody and I have some questions we want answered before we make a final decision.
So that's the update for this week. I will post more soon. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I had an amino done with Logan.. Not going to lie.. it hurts.. but really not that bad. We do them all the time at the hospital. Ill be praying for you. Also I got that book you told me about. . love it.. Thanks
Post a Comment